Valentine’s Day is tomorrow, and I suspect a lot of people will be doing some V-Day celebration over the weekend as well. Especially since Gettysburg just got plummeted with over a foot of snow.
Donald and I have no real big plans, he might make dinner, I got him a small gift, that is about the extent of our budget right now.
But we did find some really neat ideas for ways to celebrate the holiday of looooove here in our beautiful Gettysburg. Will you be attending any of these? As always, check the weather and event information due to all this snow.
Hauser Winery Cupcake Valentine’s Day (6pm-9pm) – Johnny Como’s Cupcakes and Coffee with wine pairing! What else do you need? 🙂
Majestic Theatre “Summer of Love” (7:30pm) – A Valentine’s Day Concert of Glen Burtnik’s “Summer of Love”, a rock music from the 60’s concert from some of your favorite bands such as the Beatles, The Doors, The Beach Boys, and more.
Haunted Valentine Night Tour (7pm) – Ghostly Images of Gettysburg hosts a haunted Valentine Night tour through the Jennie Wade House.
Hauser Winery Romantic Night (6pm-9pm but SOLD OUT) – Fabio Carella catering (delicious food, we’ve tasted before), Wito Rodriguez as entertainment, and lots of love. Man I wish we had gotten in on this!
Sweet Sundays Dinner (1pm-4pm) – Adams County Winery hosts a dessert and wine pairing.
Dobbin House Valentine’s Brunch (11am-2pm) – A nice Valentines Brunch with delicious meal options such as peppered pork loin with balsamic glazed red onions, baked crab imperial, and various pastries.
Not Interested in a Planned Event? Here are some ideas!
- Icecream from Mr. G’s
- Cupcakes from either Gettysburg Cupcake Cafe or Johnny Como’s Cupcakes
- Live music and amazing pub food at Garry Owen Irish Pub
- A visit for local and eccentric goods to A&A Village Treasures, or just go window shopping. So many stores and eateries you almost have to find something interesting to check out.
- Stop by Kilwin’s Chocolate to get some elegant looking chocolates. I have not been yet, but it is on my itinerary 😀
- Get a Victoria Photo Shoot from Victorian Photography Studio!
- Take a lady-friend to Perfumania for some pampering gifts.
- Stop by the Gettysburg Day Spa and get a couples spa treatment 🙂
- Check out the Salt Cave at Invisioning.
- Go to Olivia’s for some mediterranean cuisine.
There were also a lot of romantic hotel packages in town, but we figure those are probably sold out by now.