Rumors and Facts in Gettysburg and Adams County
Welcome to the Gettysburg RUMORS page, where we try to compile and update all the rumors around the county in ONE place. We get asked the same questions a lot from folks around the county, so we are hoping this will help everyone have a central location to go to confirm or deny whether a rumor is true or not.
Disclaimer: We will not be posting anything bashing a citizen in the county. If someone has been arrested that is a prominent figure, we may mention it, but please don’t ask us questions that are private. Only public record.
Current Gettysburg Rumors or Facts as of June 2nd 2020
(bold are the updates)
- Planet Fitness is NOT coming to Gettysburg at this time
- Aldi is NOT coming to Gettysburg at this time
- Nothing additional has been confirmed for the Panera Bread building locations that are open
- There is a discussion about another parking garage per the Gettysburg Times, but we don’t know when or if it is confirmed yet
- Yes, we have Uber, Lyft, UberEats and Doordash. For UberEats and Doorbash, not all local companies are signed up, so please confirm before you order.
- Cashtown Inn is not closed but recently does have an offer on the table
- No, monuments in Gettysburg have not been vandalized due to 2020 protests
Know some details about a rumor or want us to find out whether something is true or not? Contact us or join the Adams County Locals Facebook Group run by Gettysburg Wire :).
You can sponsor this page specifically for a month at a time below:
Submit your Rumor or Question
If you have a rumor or question you are curious about, submit it here and we'll see what we can find out and confirm for you 🙂 You can also text us at (717) 500-1848
April Business of the Month
- Teresa on Hillcrest Restaurant & Bakery Closing?
- Clavon Condo Price list on A Local Miracle For a Handicapped Girl Thanks to the Thurmont Grange #409
- Cindy Codori Shultz on Adams County Residents and Businesses Take Over Oak Lawn Cemetery
- Darlene ramsey on Adams County Residents and Businesses Take Over Oak Lawn Cemetery
- Living, working, and playing in Gettysburg PA | Gettysburg Wire on Oak Lawn Cemetery Debacle and Information on its Future